Thursday, May 13, 2010

Christians, why is it that your prayers for the ill are only answered in cases where we can use medicine?

Prayer never seems to work in a situation where there is no known medical treatment for the person's condition. (Amputees, etc)Christians, why is it that your prayers for the ill are only answered in cases where we can use medicine?
Miracles are not covered under health insurance Linz.Christians, why is it that your prayers for the ill are only answered in cases where we can use medicine?
Uh huh. Ask a doctor that question. I'm sure there are very few who haven't seen a miracle or two in their days...





There are literally thousands of documented cases of miraculous healing, in the Bible and outside the Bible. One just has to become educated with the facts.
Depends upon what you are praying for. Perhaps for the amputee it's to have their stump be healthy and for them to be able to mentally and physically deal with this huge change in their life.


For the dying person, we often pray for a peaceful death, for God to take them with love and caring to a better place, to end their suffering here on earth. When my grandmother called out her late husbands name, smiled, and took her last breath... a prayer was answered... she was with him again and she was whole again, and she went peacefully... that had been our prayer.
Well I have seen a guy fal from a two story building and go to the Romainian hosbital and walk away with a scratch and a headache, I have seen a guy with cross eyes, get prayed for and then his eyes were straight (talk about god given surgery) and I have been mentally healed of my suicidal tendancies, you have to hang around christian churches to see miralces without surgery, so believe it or not.
You are wrong and I am proof. I was epileptic. Have been since I was born. I had 3-4 seizures a year. They were grandmal. That means, they were the worst type. I would convulse, foam at the mouth, roll my eyes, everything. I had a seizure one day in the NYC Bus station on the escalator with my husband. Noone wanted to help us. He did it all for me. Kept me awake, made sure I was okay, drug me off to the side to keep my off the escalator. We even missed our bus; however, that is where my point comes in. While we were waiting for the bus a man out of the blue (I think he was someone special ';touched'; by God) and asked if he could pray for me. He said he felt like something had happened and we wanted to know what was wrong and if there was any way that he could pray for me to help. I was a skeptic at that time (19 years old); I am new to experiencing my beliefs in God ( I am still young..24); but, this man prayed for me and I have not had a seizure since. To me that is a miracle. To me this man healed me. He gave me a business card and asked me to call and he would pray for my daughter as well; however, being skeptical as I was at the time I did not do this (my daughter is epileptic as well btw) and my daughter still has seizures. How awesome an experience I had. It was amazing. This man opened my heart to Jesus and God and gave me the ';proof'; that I needed to believe. I wish I could see this man one more time and thank him for the wonderful gift he gave me!
Well, that may be your experience with prayer. It isn't mine--though often prayers of the type you've mentioned don't get answered--sometimes they do. People can argue over whether God's the source (I believe He is), but I've seen some pretty miraculous things that I don't want to just cynically discount. You are of course free to hold your opinion.
well there are prosthetics, hehe
why you ask question like that? sure you will end up in hell... praise the lord.
Personally I believe that doctors and medicine are an instrument that God uses to answer those prayers.





As for your reference for answering prayer without medical treatment the Roman Catholic Church has scientifically documented several cases of divine intervention. Miracles are a required to become a saint in the Roman Catholic Church. The most common form of miracle is a medical miracle.





In the case of amputees wouldn't the loss of an appendage be more desirable than a loss of life?





God does answer prayer. It just so happens that sometimes that answer is ';No';.
Or in other words, medical conditions that have a known spontaneous remission rate.
like HIV ?





most people think cancer is a cases where patient have to go through treatment and that if someone is healed without treatment , it must be god's doing.





but , little is actually known about cancer , there are cases whereby someone is suddenly cured even if he doesnt believe in god or what.


-





cases like HIV , or leprosy , i haven seen any miraculous cure . millions in africa are still dying of disease such as hiv as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment