Friday, May 14, 2010

Historic cases of government corruption in Illinois?

My class has been assigned a group project involving study of government corruption cases. Illinois is a 'leader' in this area but I am having a heck of a time finding a specific case to study. I believe I must be wording it wrong on my 'search'. Any suggestions? I am looking for a list or case record to work from.Historic cases of government corruption in Illinois?
In 2006, former Governor George Ryan (GOP) was convicted of racketeering and bribery. In the late 20th century Congressman Dan Rostenkowski (Dem) was imprisoned for mail fraud; former governor and federal judge Otto Kerner, Jr. (Dem.) was imprisoned for bribery; and State Auditor of Public Accounts (Comptroller) Orville Hodge (GOP) was imprisoned for embezzlement. In 1912 William Lorimer, the GOP boss of Chicago, was expelled from the U.S. Senate for bribery, and in 1921 Governor Len Small (GOP) was found to have defrauded the state of a million dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment